Travel to low-risk countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, or to Western Europe usually do not require a visit.
It is suggested that the appointment be made four to six weeks prior to travel, in order to complete all necessary immunizations. However, it is still worthwhile and recommended to visit the Travel Health Clinic, even if you are traveling on short notice. Schedule an appointment by calling (206) 583-6585.
Travelers should come with their country by country itinerary and immunization history.
Your Travel Health Consultation
Your physician consultation will include:
- A complete review of your itinerary and types of activities you may participate in to help determine your level of risk.
- A medical history review to assess allergies, current medications, any relevant health conditions and immunization history.
- Education about food and water safety, protection from insects and other environmental concerns.
- Providing appropriate immunizations for your itinerary on the same day as your consultation. All immunizations are documented on the International Certificate of Vaccination.
- Prescriptions as needed for treatment of traveler's diarrhea and prevention of malaria.
- Take-home information on travel health topics.
Illness After Travel
Appointments are available with our infectious disease and tropical medical specialists. Call (206) 341-0846 for more information or to make an appointment.